Marble tiles are very elegant and resistant, making it one of the preferred types of stone that are used in various ways in countertops, walls and floors. When working on marble tile floors, it’s important that you choose the right colors to create a complementary effect with the rest of your home, office, or anywhere else. There are different shades to choose from and you may be surprised that creativity goes a long way when trying out new mixes and colors.
1. Sichuan marble. This type of marble tile is very white and looks flawless. Although the material is mainly used for fireplaces and statues, it also lends very classic details to floors. The grain is very light or fair and often has a black color. This type of marble flooring is best when placed in an area with plenty of light.
2. Brown marble. The color of this type of marble mosaic can vary from red to tan to brown. The inclusions are beige, flesh or black. This is commonly used in bathrooms and terraces. Brown marble provides an earthy tone that best complements areas with white plants and decorations. The contrast between the brown floor and the light decorations creates a relaxing effect.
3. Hunan standard. This type of marble mosaic has black or gray shades. Gray can range from light to dark with black graining. This type of marble tile flooring is good for patios and kitchen areas where the lighter tones of cookware or a white door complement each other better. You can also choose to experiment with black and gray Hunan tiles to create a dramatic shaded look.
4. Grayish brown aggregate. The aggregate may contain completely white marble with dark colored granules or a variety of patches ranging from red to orange to gray. In some ways, this is a difficult color to use as it may not fit in every area. It is recommended that you check how the grain matches the body color and see if it matches the room where you plan to install it.
5. Brown-white marble. The tone of this marble tile is usually a mix of brown and white which looks great in living rooms and bedrooms. Some may contain small holes, but the advantage is that it provides a cooling effect as it does not retain heat for long but absorbs the cold. Some of these tiles may also have a peach hue.
6. Rose window. This is a new type of marble that best complements bedrooms as it is quite pink or peach in color. The grain is heavy, but if the tiles are polished, it creates a very sleek and stylish look.
Remember that all marble tiles are unique. The colors, grain, and inclusions are all different, giving you more room to experiment. Be sure to follow the correct installation procedures to ensure they remain firm and stable. Polishing and resealing is also needed to maintain that shiny, sleek exterior.
Marble tile flooring – http://tilenet.net